Return to Play Update – June 15, 2021: Movement to Step 2
As was announced by the provincial government and the PHO today as part of the BC Governments Reopening plan, sport is permitted to return to game play, with in-club competition.
Effective immediately, Baseball BC will move to Step 2 of the Province of BC’s Restart Plan.
The following activities are now permitted:
- Regular game play amongst participating teams province wide
- A maximum of 50 spectators (per field).
- Tournament play
This is in addition to the previously permitted activities:
- Team training / development (practice)
- Live batting practice
- Scrimmage and Inter-squad games
- In Club game play
Baseball specific guidelines in place as of June 15:
- The activity must always comply with the general measures, recommendations, and any gathering
restrictions issued by the BC health authorities.
- Physical distancing not required on the field of play, including dugout area.
- 2 metres social distancing is still required outside the field of play.
- Keep a participant record for contract tracing needs, including symptom screening.
- Communicate to participants any hygiene measures in alignment with current information issued
by the BC health authorities, including staying home if sick.
- Remind all players to bring their own refreshments and do not share water bottles
All member groups and local associations are encouraged to review the new PHO orders and review and revise respective COVID-19 Safety Plans and Policies and adapt where necessary.
Finally, we would like to remind all member organizations and their clubs that local municipalities may have additional requirements for access and that they are encouraged to check with their facility partners for direction.
Please note Baseball BC will continue to monitor provincial health orders and direction from viaSport as they are made available and base all future programming adjustment decisions as required.
Details on Baseball BC’s RTP Guidelines can be found on our webpage at https://baseball.bc.ca/return-to-play