Our COVID related documents are located on this page.
The Provincial Health Order has been extended, with no set end date. All restrictions that have been in place for the last few months will remain. Here is a link to the ViaSport website. Please check here regularly for their updates in regards to sports. The BC Government site has updated the PHO information today as well.
As a reminder:
- Youth sports remain in Phase 2, with no games, competitions or tournaments.
- Participants must maintain a physical distance of 3 meters from one another at all times.
- Participants can only travel to their home club.
- Children and youth sports may include participants who are under the age of 21.
Under the order, no spectators are allowed at any sports activities. The only people allowed to attend sports activities are those that provide care to a participant or player. For example, providing personal care or first aid to a player.
The most recent update from Baseball BC is below, and following that are links to other COVID related policies and plans, as well as Return to Play waivers for those participating in baseball this summer.
Baseball BC Return to Play – Provincial Health Officer Order Extended
As announced today, the Provincial Health Officer has extended the current order restricting gatherings and events until further notice.
Baseball BC would like to take this opportunity to remind all member organizations that baseball is currently in Phase 2 of the Return to Play (RTP) Guidelines as outlined in both the viaSport and Baseball BC Guidelines.
The following activities are currently permitted:
- Team training / development (practice)
The following activities are not permitted:
- Games / Tournaments
Baseball specific guidelines in place at this time:
- Participants must maintain a physical distance of three metres from one another.
- Activities should be low risk of transmitting the virus (e.g. individual activities, group training that maintains physical distance).
- Spectators are not permitted at any baseball activities. (Defined as games, competitions, tournaments, training, or practice).
- Masks are required in all indoor public settings. (As defined by the current public order)
- Strength training and dryland training are not permitted, unless there is a COVID 19 Safety Plan is in place for this type of activity that is strictly followed (see Regional Health Authority for your local requirements).
- Verbal symptom screening and attendance tracking must be performed daily.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
Details on Baseball BC’s RTP Guidelines can be found on the Baseball BC webpage:
WRSSBA COVID Safety Protocols
Baseball BC Return to Play Guidelines
BC Minor Baseball Association – COVID Related
- BCMBA Covid Illness Policy
- BCMBA Covid First Aid and Outbreak Plan
- BCMBA Covid Safety Plan
- ViaSport Checklist Signed for Return to Play
General Health Guidelines – By Division
Declaration of Compliance and Participation Waivers: