Our COVID related documents are located on this page. The most recent update from Baseball BC is below, and following that are links to other COVID related policies and plans, as well as Return to Play waivers for those participating in baseball this summer.
Baseball BC Return to Play – In-Phase Movement Alert from July 24:
Effective Immediately, In Club Game Play is now permitted per Baseball BC Return to Play Guidelines.
REMINDER: Clubs are to continue to abide by governing body and local government rules regarding any current COVID restrictions in place.
Modified In-Club Play must follow the protocols laid out for game play Phase 3 of the Baseball BC RTP Guidelines. In addition,
- Only game play between teams from the same Local Sport Organization (LSO) are permitted right now. No exceptions.
- Players and coaches may not approach any official to discuss or argue any call. They may ask for a count from their appropriate bench or on-field location.
Selected reminders about modification in Phase 3
- Physical distancing must always still be maintained outside of the regular course of game play (ie. batters or plays in the field).
- No plate meetings pre-game for lineup exchanges unless physical distancing requirements are adhered to.
- No mound visits by catcher or coach unless physical distancing requirements are adhered to.
- No post game handshakes.
- Clubs and/or teams should assign a safety and sanitation champion for each event to track attendance, assist in reminders about physical distancing and implement the ongoing sanitation needs and requirements.
- Baseballs need to be new or disinfected every time they are entered into play. Hand sanitizing should take place at the end of every half inning.
- Umpires must comply with physical distancing requirements and may need to use alternate positioning to comply
- Practices and training are still expected to follow all Phase 2 requirements and Guidelines as listed.
WRSSBA COVID Safety Protocols
Baseball BC Return to Play Guidelines
BC Minor Baseball Association – COVID Related
- BCMBA Covid Illness Policy
- BCMBA Covid First Aid and Outbreak Plan
- BCMBA Covid Safety Plan
- ViaSport Checklist Signed for Return to Play
General Health Guidelines – By Division
Declaration of Compliance and Participation Waivers: